Laser Hair Removal
What you are waiting for? Laser Hair Removal is safe and effective solution to everyday shaving, waxing, bleaching or plucking. FDA-cleared, clinically proven treatments for dramatic results. Get started today and get ready summer!
How different is Moxie’s laser hair removal?
Laser Hair Removal offered at Moxie Hair Removal and Skin Studio is different than going to other laser clinics or spas. At Moxie we specialize in complete removal of hair in any area you choose, from head to toe. The genitals/intimate areas are not as easy to laser as other areas of the body. On women and especially men there are folds and wrinkles in the skin that require special attention and skill in order to remove the hair. Often times laser technicians will avoid those areas. At Moxie it is our specialty and we know how to get to every nook and cranny safely and for maximum hair removal.
A common mistake of laser technicians who aren’t as familiar with lasering genitals is that they don’t consider the darker pigment of the skin. This darker skin can be lasered, but we take special precautions to not cause burns to the skin. Moxie laser technicians specialize in lasering the genital area so they are proficient in knowing what laser settings to use.
Moxie Studio uses top of the line equipment. We have two of the Alma Soprano Ice Lasers, true diode lasers that have a chilled tip to make hair removal more comfortable; ultra sound gel is applied to the skin to allow the laser to glide as it is treating the hairs. The gel also helps keep the skin cool during treatment. The laser service is virtually pain free! Many of our clients only feel warmth and a little pressure, if any.
We can laser any area of your body, head to toe, men and women, excluding the eyebrows. We can even laser the uni-brow.
If you have ingrown hairs or razor burn from shaving, after three or four laser treatments, the majority of those irritations will clear up.
Pre- and Post-Treatment Instructions for Laser Hair Removal
4 weeks before
- Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, or use hair removal creams or electrolysis on treatment area. These activities can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure. If unavoidable, use minimum SPF 30.
1-2 weeks before
- Discontinue tanning (includes beds, self-tanning creams and sprays)
24 hours before
- Shave treatment area
Day of treatment
- Remove any lotions, make-up and deodorants prior to treatment
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will leave the treatment area exposed and easily accessible for treatment. Tight or rough clothing may cause you to feel uncomfortable if the skin becomes sensitive after treatment.
- You may feel a slight warm or spicy sensation. Because we use an in-motion technology you won’t feel the snapping of a rubber band feel that many IPL or suctions lasers can cause.
- Do not apply numbing cream, we will not treat numbed areas for your safety. Our lasers are virtually pain free and numbing agents are not necessary.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds and creams until your treatments are completed
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, hot tubs, swimming and strenuous sports for 2-3 days following treatment.
- In the unlikely instance that crusting develops, it should fall off naturally. Please do not pick or scratch.
- Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, or use hair removal creams or electrolysis on treatment area until all treatments are completed
- Do not shave treated area for 1 to 3 days post-treatment if crusting or blistering occurs
- Apply a minimum SPF 30 broad spectrum sunscreen
- Treated area may appear red, irritated and swollen (like sunburn). Apply ice packs or cold aloe vera to soothe.
- You may experience “hair shedding” the first few days after treatment which is sometimes mistaken for hair growth
- Can apply makeup, lotion, resume shaving and apply skincare products to treatment area as early as the next day as long as the skin is not broken and there is no extended redness, blistering or scabbing.
- Thoroughly remove makeup and creams gently with a soft, clean cloth and mild cleanser. Pat to dry. The treated area is very delicate and should be treated with care. Excess rubbing can open the area and may lead to scarring.
- If scabbing, blistering or signs of infection occur, please contact provider